TOP TEN Reasons to Give to United Way
10. TAX DEDUCTIBLE! Reduce your taxes and direct more of your income to help your neighbors. You’ll thank us on April 15. Really!
9. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Giving to United Way is the most powerful way to give to your community. Your donation multiplies when combined with others. Together we can create more impact than any one person could accomplish alone in achieving a healthier, stronger community!
8. MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK! United Way partners with 17 non-profit agencies in Lowndes County to address community issues and advance the common good. Over 10,000 people will be assisted by United Way donations this year.
7. THE KIDS ARE WATCHING! We are role models and we’re always telling our kids to share. Teaching children about philanthropy creates community awareness, social responsibility, and how to be a good neighbor. These are IMPORTANT LIFE SKILLS they will carry into adulthood!
6. GIVING IS EASY! Payroll deduction, cash, check, or online donations make it simple and convenient to give. Just pick the one that works for you.
5. YOUR MONEY STAYS IN YOUR OWN BACK YARD! Dollars raised in our community, stay in our community to help build a better place for us all to live, work, and raise our families.
4. YOUR MONEY…YOUR WAY! A donation to United Way of Lowndes County can be designated to programs you are passionate about. For example, you might want to help children and youth succeed, assist individuals and families become financially stable and independent, or help people have good health.
3. IT’S GOOD FOR YOU! Studies show that philanthropy has health benefits, including boosting the immune system and releasing endorphins that improve your mood. So give and get happy.
2. YOUR MONEY IS SAFE! Community volunteers review and monitor partner agency programs for effectiveness. Funding decisions are based on the performance and impact these agencies and programs have on community needs. We insure that your money is being spent wisely!
And the #1 reason is…
A STRONG COMMUNITY IS A GOOD PLACE TO CALL HOME. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable and when people are in good health.