Thriving as a Culture of Diversity
POLICY ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The United Way of Lowndes and Noxubee is committed to be a model of diversity and inclusion, and to promote an inclusive culture where diversity is valued by everyone. This includes our Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and allocation agencies, reflecting the many faces, cultures and walks of life that make up the communities we serve. It is central to our mission to bring together caring people to more effectively address the issues that face our communities.
Our strength comes from our diversity and we celebrate the visible and invisible qualities that make each person unique, including race, gender, age, sexuality, ability, religion, national origin, gender identity, and other identities. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes of our stakeholders and we believe that no one should be discriminated against because of these qualities.
We commit to aligning our culture and business practices to be a beacon of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging for all people. We will practice this commitment by:
- Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace. United Way of Lowndes and Noxubee is committed to building and maintaining an environment that embraces and values differences. Employees should feel valued and respected, without bias or preference based on difference. Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.
- Modeling leadership and developing practices and policies that embrace the value of “inclusion” in our day-to-day operations that promote understanding and acceptance of individual differences.
- Supporting programs and initiatives that advance the recognition, understanding and importance of safeguarding the right to dignity and justice of all people.
- Continuing to seek respectful relationships and partnerships that are aligned with achieving common goals, both within and outside of United Way of Lowndes and Noxubee, that are inclusive of individual ideals, abilities, and opinions.
- Respect and Inclusion of Diverse Volunteers. To be relevant and a viable community partner, staff and volunteers model an awareness of, and understanding and respect for, the many forms of difference reflected in the people and communities served by United way of Lowndes and Noxubee.
- United way of Lowndes and Noxubee will comply with all statutes, regulations, and executive orders that address equal employment and non-discrimination to select the individual considered best qualified on the basis of ability and merit and without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, disability, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. There will be no discrimination on any of these grounds in employment, recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, advancement opportunities, or any other aspect of employment.