To empower sustained changes in education, health, and financial stubility of our community.
Visible, Vital & Vested
The United Way of Lowndes & Noxubee believes that diversity and inclusion strengthens our ability to obtain our mission, vision, and goals. We are commited to having staff, volunteers, and agencies that reflect diversity and inclusion in order to effectively identify and address the issues affecting our communities.
United Way of Lowndes & Noxubee is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Golden Triangle Regional Hub Volunteer Director Assistant (part time)
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with daily administrative operations of Golden Triangle Regional Hub. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will also be able to manage various projects simultaneously and be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion.
Office Assistant Responsibilities
- Perform clerical duties as needed
- Assist with management of social media platforms
- Communicate with local media outlets as necessary
- Assist with management of Hub website as well as Hub’s page on United Way’s website
- Maintain expenses and donations
- Assist with coordination and execution of events/meetings
- Create and disseminate Hub monthly newsletter
- Create/send/collect monthly agency reports
- Log volunteer hours
- Create program/project materials
- Create and update volunteer calendar
- Perform other duties as directed
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or associate’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to self-start
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Warm personality
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and word processing
- Attention to detail
Volunteer Intern Poisiton
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern who is eager to learn about nonprofits and volunteering by assisting the United Way team. You will work closely with our team to assist with up coming projects, capture data, create a engaging social meida presence and other duties as assigned by your direct supervisor.
Click here to apply
Mail application to UWLN, P O Box 266, Columbus Ms 39703 or email to email@example.com